On Problem Solving Skills
“When you are confident about your problem solving skills,
it doesn’t matter what the problem is.”
~ Len Higashi
- Frame the problem
- What problem are you solving?
- Is it the right problem?
- Identify the goals
- What are the variables?
- Which ones are deal breakers?
- Factors often overlooked: time, resources, partners, how much control you have, required likelihood of success
- Generate solutions
- What are your motives?
- Double check if the solutions actually address the problem
- What are the implementation challenges?